The search has begun for students to star in the 2013 Hispanic College Quiz fall TV show
Entry period ended May 3
Taping for the national broadcast of the Hispanic College Quiz show will take place this August and air in the fall during Hispanic Heritage Month, September 15-October 15, 2013.
HACU is seeking undergraduate students currently enrolled at U.S. HACU-member institutions. Students selected will have a chance to demonstrate their knowledge of Latino history by answering questions in a game show format for the 2013 Hispanic College Quiz produced by Central City Productions. Finalists will have a chance to earn scholarships.
- The show will be pre-taped in a Chicago television studio on Saturday, Aug. 24.
- The number of competitors will range from nine to 12 students. All participants selected will be provided a study guide
- Show producers Central City Productions will provide travel and accommodations for the participant and a student coach.
- A representative/staff/faculty member of the institution must serve as the coach/advisor to the student in preparation for the show and must be listed on the application.
- Coaches are encouraged to submit the online application by May 3.
- Institutions selected to participate will be notified by the second week of May and announced online at http://www.hacu.net/ in June.
- A conference call will be set up with all coaches and the producers of the show to go over the rules and answer questions.
Related 2012 Articles:
Harbor College student wins Hispanic scholarship
Student scores second on quiz show
VC student competes on nationally televised Hispanic College Quiz