Southwest Airlines Education Travel Program
Applications are available for the 10th Annual “Giving Flight to Your Success™/Dándole Alas a Tu Éxito™" ¡Lánzate! Travel Award Program, sponsored by Southwest Airlines and the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU).
Through this national education initiative, Southwest Airlines will award roundtrip airline tickets to undergraduate and graduate students across the country who travel away from home to pursue a higher education and meet the eligibility criteria listed below.
A selection committee consisting of national education advocates and community leaders will select the award recipients. Recipients may be awarded 1-4 roundtrip tickets for the student and/or parent to use when traveling to/from the college/university. The complimentary airline ticket(s) can be used for travel to any of the Southwest Airlines destinations in the United States & Puerto Rico as listed on www.southwest.com.
The application deadline is NOW CLOSED.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Student must be enrolled in a college or university away from their designated home.
- Student must be in good academic standing with a minimum 2.5 GPA and show financial need.
HACU will verify academic standing and financial need with the respective universities after the selection committee makes their recommendations, prior to final selection and distribution of the travel award to the student.
- Applicants must be 18 years old or older and a legal U.S. resident.
All federal government regulations related to air travel and Transportation Security Administration rules must be adhered to, including but not limited to producing a valid government-issued photo ID for air travel.
- One application per student must be submitted by the specified deadline (May 22).
- Needed travel must be to/from Southwest Airlines destinations.
- Student should specify extent of financial need or constraints when writing essay.
- Complete and submit online application by May 22, 2014. (CLOSED)
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Submit Essay by the deadline (please be sure your essays are 300-500 words). For scholarship essay writing tips, visit academictips.org.
- Send Transcript and Verification of Enrollment to:
¡Lánzate! Travel Award Program
HACU National Headquarters
8415 Datapoint Drive, Suite 400
San Antonio, TX 78229
(Must be postmarked by May 22, 2014)
HACU will notify all applicants when final selection is complete in mid-July. Selected students will receive a letter and details of travel award from Southwest Airlines in mid-August.
View detailed Travel Award Program Guidelines here.
For additional information, contact: Office of Development, at (210) 576-3236 or firstname.lastname@example.org.