Southwest Airlines Education Travel Program
Applications are available for the 11th Annual “Giving Flight to Your Success™/Dándole Alas a Tu Éxito™" ¡Lánzate! Travel Award Program, sponsored by Southwest Airlines and the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU).
Through this national education initiative, Southwest Airlines will award roundtrip airline tickets to undergraduate and graduate students across the country who travel away from home to pursue a higher education and meet the eligibility criteria listed below.
A selection committee consisting of national education advocates and community leaders will select the award recipients. Recipients may be awarded 1-4 roundtrip tickets for the student and/or parent to use when traveling to/from the college/university. The complimentary airline ticket(s) can be used for travel to any of the Southwest Airlines destinations in the United States & Puerto Rico as listed on www.southwest.com.
The application deadline is May 15, 2015, 11:59 p.m. CDT.
To apply click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Student must be enrolled in a college at least 200 miles from their designated home.
- Student must be in good academic standing as determined by his or her college.
- Student must have a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Applicants must be 18 years old or older at time of application.
- Recipient must be a legal U.S. resident.
All federal government regulations related to air travel and Transportation Security Administration rules must be adhered to, including, but not limited to, producing a valid government issued photo ID for air travel.
- One application per student must be submitted online by the specified deadline of May 15, 2015. Incomplete applications and applications not submitted online will be disqualified.
- Needed travel must be to/from Southwest Airlines destinations.
- Student should specify extent of financial need or constraints when writing essay.
- Selected students will be required to submit and Enrollment Verification Form from his or her college/university.
- Student must identify direct or parental ties to a specific country to determine Hispanic origin on the application.
- Complete and submit online application by May 15, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. CDT.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Submit Essays by the deadline (please be sure your essays are 300-500 words). For scholarship essay writing tips, visit academictips.org.
HACU will notify all applicants when final selection is complete by August. Selected students will receive a letter and details of travel award from Southwest Airlines by September.
View detailed Travel Award Program Guidelines here.
For additional information, contact HACU Office of Development at (210) 692-3805 or email@example.com.