Southwest Airlines Education Travel Program
Applications for 2017 Open from March 1, 2017 - April 30, 2017 (new application deadline).
The 13th Annual “Giving Flight to Your Success™/Dándole Alas a Tu Éxito™" ¡Lánzate! Travel Award Program is sponsored by Southwest Airlines and the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU).
Through this national education initiative, Southwest Airlines will award roundtrip e-pass(es) to undergraduate and graduate students across the country who travel away from home to pursue a higher education and meet the eligibility criteria listed below.
A selection committee consisting of national education advocates and community leaders will select the award recipients. Recipients may be awarded 1-4 roundtrip e-pass(es) for the student and/or parent to use when traveling to/from the college/university. The complimentary e-pass(es) can be used for travel to any of the Southwest Airlines destinations in the United States (void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law) as listed on www.southwest.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Student must be enrolled in a college at least 200 miles from their permanent home.
- Student must be in good academic standing as determined by his or her college.
- Student must have a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Student must be 18 years old or older at time of application.
- Recipient must be a legal U.S. resident.
All federal government regulations related to air travel and Transportation Security Administration rules must be adhered to, including, but not limited to, producing a valid government issued photo ID for air travel.
- One application per student must be submitted online by the specified deadline of April 30, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. CT (New Application Deadline). Incomplete applications and applications not submitted online will be disqualified.
- Needed travel must be to/from Southwest Airlines domestic destinations.
- Students will be required to complete and upload an Enrollment Verification Form signed by the registrar at college/university attending.
- Students will be required to complete and upload a W-9.
- The student must identify direct or parental ties to a specific country to determine Hispanic origin on the application.
- Application deadline is April 30, 2017 (New Application Deadline).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Your Enrollment Verification Form and W-9 Form must be completed, signed, and ready to upload.
- Please be sure your essays are 300-500 words. Applications not meeting requirements will not be considered. For scholarship essay writing tips, visit academictips.org.
View detailed Travel Award Program Guidelines here.
View List of 2016 ¡Lánzate! Recipients here.
For additional information, contact HACU Office of Development at (210) 692-3805 or email@example.com.