October 2, 2014
Two HACU National Internship Program deadlines approaching, Oct. 31 and Nov. 14
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) will be accepting applications from college students for the HACU National Internship Program (HNIP) sessions, as follows:
- Nov. 14, 2014 is the application deadline for the 2015 Spring Internship Session (January 15 - May 2).
- Oct. 31, 2014 is the early deadline and Feb. 27, 2015 is the regular deadline for the 2015 Summer Internship Session (May 29 – Aug. 8). For students that attend institutions operating on a quarterly calendar, the internship dates will be (June 14 – Aug. 22). Students are encouraged to apply early to secure an internship position with agencies who often post their summer positions early. Some internship assignments with U.S. Intelligence Community agencies require an extensive security clearance and reviews of applications are conducted shortly after the early deadline.
- Applications for the 2015 Fall Internship session (Aug. 20 - Dec. 5) will be accepted between February 2 - June 12, 2015.
Internships are open to all majors. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
- Enrollment in a degree-seeking program at an accredited institution. Students pursuing only a credential or certificate will be considered ineligible.
- Completion of freshman year of college before the internship begins.
- Authorization or eligibility to work in the United States by law.
Since the inception of the HACU National Internship Program in 1992, the program has placed more than 10,000 interns at federal and corporate sites nationwide. Internship locations are in Washington, D.C., and field locations within the U.S. For more information on the program and online applications, click here.