December 7, 2017
HACU announces agenda, workshops for 12th International Conference
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) has announced the agenda and workshops for HACU’s 12th International Conference, “Creating New Paths for International Collaboration,” March 29-31, 2017, in San José, Costa Rica. HACU is offering an early bird rate through Dec. 23, 2016.
Conference registrants will also have the opportunity to visit two local campuses. A visit to Universidad de Iberoamérica on March 29, from 8:00-11:00 a.m. and one to Universidad Latina de Costa Rica on the same day, from 12:00-3:00 p.m. The tours are optional and offered at no additional cost. Transportation to and from the hotel will be provided. Tour sign-up information will soon be available.
The International Conference will begin with an Opening Ceremony at 5 p.m., March 29, followed by a Plenary Session and a welcome reception at the Real InterContinental San José Costa Rica Hotel. The detailed agenda and workshop descriptions are available online; click here.
The workshops offered as concurrent sessions will be made in English or Spanish and simultaneous translation will be available:
Concurrent sessions 1-6
- Integrating Study Abroad and International Internships to Advance Student Learning
- A Cultural Immersion Program for Primary Healthcare
- 100,000 Strong in the Americas Innovation Fund – How to Engage America: Bridging the Continents
- Supporting Internationalization through Joint Scholarships and On-campus Fellowship Opportunities
- Promoting International Collaboration: Tools for Developing Diverse Research Teams
Concurrent sessions 7-12
- Roundtable: Best Practices to Promote International Education in the U.S.
- Role of Presidential Leadership in Advancing International Education in Universities
- MOOCs URJCx: A Door to Virtual Mobility
- Transcultural Learning and Global Health Sciences
- Leveraging Faculty’s Professional Connections in Developing Innovative International Partnerships
- Developing the Global Community College
Concurrent sessions 13-18
- Rankings and Organizational Change: A Tendency Towards Isomorphism
- How are Higher Education Institutions in the Central American Region Preparing Students for Leadership Positions and XXI Century Employment Success
- International and Global Skills Training
- Innovative Approaches and “Creative Reciprocity” Supporting USA-Mexico Mobility
- The Values of Indigenous Cultures as a Foundation for Peace
- Overcoming Barriers to Study Abroad Participation at The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
Concurrent sessions 19-24
- Excellence in Distance Education: Predictive Characteristic of Latin-American Student’s Success
- Institutions of Higher Education and Business Initatives: The ITCA-FEPADE Experience
- Promoting Diversity and Equity through Mobility: Study Abroad in Spain
- Experiential Learning through International Education Serving Hispanic Students
- Faculty Lead Programs: The Key to Unleashing the World for First Generation Students
- Innovative Practices: Enhancing L2 Proficiency and Student Engagement through CALL Technologies
A Student Track will also be offered in conjunction with the conference.
The Title Sponsor of the International Conference is Universidad de Iberoamérica Costa Rica.
Information on Registration and Hotel is available online. Advertising, Exhibiting Opportunities, and Sponsorship Opportunities are also available.