November 21, 2018
HACU Announces Leader-in-Residence Program for Students
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities has announced 18 students have been selected for its first Leader-in-Residence Program. The students selected are from HACU-member institutions and recently participated in the ¡Adelante! Leadership Institute, which is the student track of HACU’s Annual Conference, held on Oct. 6-8, 2018, in Atlanta, Georgia.
As part of the program, students serve as a resource on their campus and provide information about HACU internships, scholarships, and advocacy efforts. They will work with a mentor from their home institution to help guide them on campus outreach efforts.
The students selected and their institutions are:
- Jazmin Chavez, California State University, Fresno
- Daniel Perez, California State University, Long Beach
- Jonathan Herrera, El Camino College (Calif.)
- Alyssa Vargas Lopez, Colorado State University-Pueblo
- Greicy Valdez-Consuegra, Naugatuck Valley Community College (Connecticut)
- Hector Cardenas Zepeda, Aurora University (Illi.)
- Victor Alvarez, Montgomery College, (MD)
- Tyron Tyson, New Jersey City University
- Carlos Talamante, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
- Luis Tejeda, City College of New York-CUNY
- Leonardo Caballero, College of Staten Island, N.Y.
- Yasmeen Munasser, Queens College City University of New York
- Gabriel Sandoval, Oregon State University
- Emmanuel Navarro, Universidad Metropolitana (PR)
- Nashali Ruiz Esteves, University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez
- Edwin FranciscoRivera Otero, University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras
- Oscar Medrano, The University of Texas at Rio Grande Valley
- Marcos Monteiro, Eastern Washington University (WA)