The HACU Scholarship Program 2020-2021 application is OPEN
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities is pleased to be the administrator of scholarship opportunities provided by our partners to assist in defraying some of your college expenditures. Please review each scholarship’s criteria carefully to see if you qualify, since each partner may have differing requirements.
Additional scholarship opportunities will be added in the spring 2020 semester as they become available.
In addition, all scholarship applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
Demonstrate financial need if required by scholarship sponsor (typically determined by FAFSA).
Meet specific criteria for the scholarships to which they are applying.
Students must currently attend a HACU-member college or university in the U.S. or Puerto Rico at the time applications are completed and scholarship awards are made. Students transferring schools, the school must also be a HACU-member to be eligible to apply. For the most up-to-date listing of HACU-member institutions, please click here.
Scholarships are ONLY for enrolled college students. All students must have completed their first semester of freshman year at the time of applying. High School students are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply.
For 2019 metrics, click here
If you have any HACU scholarship program questions, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Ford College Community Challenge (C3) - OPEN
- Team of 3-5 students must be from the same Hispanic-Serving Institution and HACU-member school. To be eligible, each team member must be over the age of 18 and enrolled as a full-time student for both Spring 2019 and Fall 2019 (Spring 2019 graduates are not eligible).
- Partner with one (1) community-based 501c3 organization (their fiscal contact and a 501(c)3 IRS determination letter is required).
- Proposal addresses an urgent and unmet community need in a tangible way (need must meet at least one category within the Ford C3 issue criteria). Proposal must include a project budget and budget description.
- Include awareness campaigns outline through the use of social media platforms or other approved mediums, to education the community and highlight project progress.
- 1st Place Team: One (1) $10,000 grant to a community-based organization for project implementation and up to (5) $1,000 academic scholarships for students in the team.
- 2nd Place Team: One (1) $7,500 grant to community-based organization for project implementation and up to (5) $500 academic scholarships for students in the team.
- 3rd Place Team: One (1) $4,000 grant to community-based organization for project implementation and up to (5) $200 academic scholarships for students in the team.
Click here to access the online application
Application deadline: March 1, 2020 11:59 p.m. CST
The Kia Motors America, Inc. STEAM Scholarship (10) $3,400 - OPEN
- Must be currently enrolled full-time as a sophomore, junior or graduate student at a HACU-Member institution in the U.S. or Puerto Rico
- 3.0 GPA
- Majors: Sciences - Biology, Chemistry, Pre-Medicine, Physics, Applied Sciences, Material Sciences; Technology - Aeronautics, Automotive Sciences, Computer Sciences, Mechanical Sciences, Technical/Vocational; Engineering - Applied, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical; Arts - Design, Graphics, Architecture, Fashion, Fine Arts Studio, Motion Pictures/Television; Entertainment Arts; Math - Math, Applied Math, Statistics
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- First generation students strongly encouraged to apply
Application deadline: May 29, 2020 11:59 p.m. CST