Want to be a mentor to a summer 2013 intern?
Go to the HAA Events and Opportunities page to learn more about the program and how to get involved!
Check back for the HAA Dream Scholarship Application!
About the HACU Alumni Association (HAA)
Whether you're a student or a seasoned professional, HACU's Alumni Association offers exactly what you need to succeed. Network with your peers, take part in professional development events, and learn about the benefits of becoming and active alumnus.
HACU Alumni Association (HAA)
HAA: The HACU Alumni Association (HAA) was founded in 1997 by individuals who directly benefited from HACU’s educational programs. There have been thousands of students who have participated in the HACU National Internship Program (HNIP) along with other HACU student programs since 1992. Today, the HAA boasts over 900 members and serves as a professional network for HACU alumni and current interns and promotes leadership and service for the greater Hispanic community.
HAA Mission: to serve as a professional network providing support to current HACU participants and alumni and to advance the mission and goals of HACU.
We encourage you to remain connected with HACU beyond your internship!
Benefits of the HACU Alumni Association
Joining the HACU Alumni Association (HAA) is an immediate way to get connected - and get ahead. HAA is a growing community of past and current HACU interns, ready to share ideas about the workplace, professional development, and other opportunities.
Best of all, you benefit from the following:
- National Network: HACU Internship Program participants become part of a national network of over 8,000 peers with demonstrated leadership ability and records of achievement. This diverse network provides young professionals with the opportunity to explore and meet people outside of their own field, access to experienced leaders and promotes cross-sector dialogue, leadership, and service for the greater Hispanic community.
- Exclusive Opportunities: HACU Alumni stay connected via the HACU Alumni Listserv where they share and receive exclusive job announcements, service and professional development opportunities, and much more.
- Volunteer President's Volunteer Service Award: In partnership with the President's Council, HACU will recognize alumni members for their volunteer service hours earned over a 12-month period or over the course of a lifetime at home or abroad.
Get Connected Today
Register for the HNIP Alumni Database.
*If you were an intern after the 2010 summer session you do not need to create a new account. You have automatically been registered in the database.
By joining, you will be considered an active member of the HACU Alumni Association, giving you the right to vote in HACU Alumni elections, and on issues you deem relevant to the direction and action of the group. This group is for members only (HACU alumni); therefore when signing up, please note:
1) Your full name
2) Internship session, year and location
3) The agency where you interned, name of the scholarship you received, or the HACU student program in which you participated
To join the HAA Facebook group and connect with other interns and alumni of the HACU National Internship Program, click here
To join the HAA Yahoo listserv and receive exclusive job announcements and opportunities, click here
Email: Keep us updated on your career progress and learn about how to be a featured alumnus by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Other: Become an HNIP ambassador, volunteer, learn about HAA Board Opportunities