May 27, 2014
The search has begun for students to star in the 2014 Hispanic College Quiz fall TV show
Taping for the national broadcast of the Hispanic College Quiz show will take place this July and air in the fall during Hispanic Heritage Month, and airdates of Sept. 13-Oct. 19, 2014.
HACU is seeking undergraduate students currently enrolled at U.S. HACU-member institutions. Students selected will have a chance to demonstrate their knowledge of Latino history by answering questions in a game show format for the 2014 Hispanic College Quiz produced by Central City Productions. Students compete in one of four shows for a chance to earn a scholarship.
- The show will be pre-taped in a Chicago television studio on Friday, July 25.
- The number of competitors per show will be three students. All participants selected will be provided a study guide,
- Show producers Central City Productions will provide travel and accommodations for the participant and a student coach.
- A representative/staff/faculty member of the institution must serve as the coach/advisor to the student in preparation for the show and must be listed on the entry form.
- An online entry must be submitted for consideration by June 3. Entry period closes at midnight on June 3.
- Participants selected will be notified by the end of first week of June and confirmed participants will be announced online at http://www.hacu.net/.
- A conference call will be set up between advisor/coaches and the producers of the show to go over the rules and answer questions.