HACU announces agenda, workshops for 11th International Conference and post-conference symposium
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) has announced the agenda and workshops for HACU’s 11th International Conference 100,000 Strong in the Americas: Challenges and Opportunities for a More Prosperous and Fair Hemisphere, Feb. 25-27, 2015 in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Following the Conference, the Universidad de Guanajuato in partnership with HACU will offer conference attendees a one day post-conference symposium, “Higher Education’s Social Responsibility in Global Society,” Feb. 28, 2015, in Guanajuato at no additional cost for the event. Complimentary one-way ground transportation will be provided from Guadalajara to Guanajuato. Participants are responsible for making their own hotel accommodations. For additional information on the symposium, click here.
The conference Opening Plenary, “The Current State of International Higher Education,” will take place at the Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara, followed by a welcome reception and dinner. The rest of the conference events will be held at the RIU Plaza Guadalajara Hotel and include the Plenary “The Role of Government in Strengthening University Partnerships,” an International Networking Session: Building Connections, and concurrent workshops. The detailed agenda and workshop descriptions are available online, click here.
The conference workshops offered as concurrent sessions are as follows:
(Presentations will be made in English or Spanish, but simultaneous translation will be available.)
Concurrent sessions 1-5
- “American Degree Transfer Panamerican University and DePaul University: An Example of Comprehensive Academic Collaboration that Generates an Impactful Program”
- “Effective Training Programs in New Mexico, Mexico and Costa Rica”
- “U.S. Accreditation, Institutional Improvement and Innovation in Latin America”
- “International Collaboration: The University of Guanajuato and Maricopa County Community College District”
Concurrent sessions 6-10
- “The Internationalization of Higher Education within Actual Work Experiences”
- “Integrating Latino Cultural Capital to Catalyze Success in STEM”
- “Academic Mobility as a Global Phenomenon: A Double Degree in Aerospace Engineering Across Borders”
- “International 101: Making a Global Workforce”
- “Paving the Way to Success in International Education”
Concurrent sessions 11-15
- “Finding International Diversity within a Local Context”
- “North American Studies Program as an International Strategy”
- “Emotionally Intelligent Leadership Skills: Students and Faculty as Global Leaders”
- “Hermanas: Diseña Tu Futuro Conferences Partner to Create Future STEM Workforce”
- “Mariachi Performance: Outreach and Retention Strategy”
Concurrent sessions 16-20
- “Preparing Hispanic Bilingual Students for Leadership in the International Workforce”
- “Developing Collaborative Programs and Professional Initiatives between Missouri State University and HACU Member Universities in Mexico”
- “Developing Hispanic Global Leaders: An Example of a Class Project”
- “Change Model: Purposeful Leadership for the 21st Century”
- “Improving Education Quality: Case at the University of Medical Sciences”
Information on Registration, Exhibiting Opportunities, Hotel, Sponsorship Opportunities are available online.