March 24, 2020
Chris de Hoyos
Deadline extended for Ford College Community Challenge proposals from students at HSIs
The deadline for the Ford College Community Challenge (C3) grant has been extended to April 15, 2020. The grant, provided by the Ford Motor Company Fund, is designed for students at HACU-member Hispanic-Serving Institutions to collaborate with a non-profit on a proposal to help address a local need to make people’s lives better.
Proposals accepted may range from education and community development to safe driving. The Ford C3 grant requires student teams to partner with a community-based 501c3 organization to develop a proposal for a chance to receive implementation funds. A project budget and an awareness campaign will be required with the proposal. Proposal, budget and timeline templates are available for download here.
Three proposals will be awarded a grant. Entries are limited to groups of 3-5 students enrolled full-time during the 2020 spring and fall semesters. In addition to the grant awards, the student team members will receive a scholarship.
Awards for winning entries are as follows:
- One $10,000 grant to a community-based organization for project implementation
- Up to five $1,000 academic scholarships for students
- One $7,500 grant to community-based organization for project implementation
- Up to five $500 academic scholarships for students
- One $4,000 grant to community-based organization for project implementation
- Up to five $200 academic scholarships for students
For complete entry details, Ford C3 project criteria, timeline, click here. Online applications will be accepted through April 15, 2020.