April 26, 2022
Norma Jean Revilla-Garcia
"La HACHE de HACU" Annual Giving invests in student success
Every year the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) asks friends, alumni and supporters to participate in its Annual Giving Campaign, La HACHE de HACU, and be a part of the Hispanic Alliance to Champion Higher Education.
All gifts, regardless of size, help support programs that make a big difference in the lives of students. Last year, students benefited from the following:
- 482 college and university students were placed in paid internships nationwide.
- 194 students received academic scholarships ranging from $500 to $15,000.
- 173 college and university students received travel awards to stay connected with family.
- More than 115 college students attended our virtual Emerging Leaders’ Summits designed to prepare students for career opportunities.
- 303 college and university students received scholarships to attend the virtual ¡Adelante! Leadership Institute, a three-day career and leadership development program, attended by 535 students nationwide.
- More than 2,000 college and university administrators, students, federal and nonprofit agencies, and corporate sector partners participated in HACU’s 26th National Capitol Forum and 35th Annual Conference, both virtual events, to learn about best practices in Hispanic higher education and policy issues affecting Hispanic-Serving Institutions.
We are proud of our accomplishments made possible each year. It’s with the help of friends and supporters of HACU that the Association can continue investing in students. All gifts are appreciated, and donors will be recognized in HACU’s Annual Report.
To donate to La HACHE de HACU and make a tax-deductible gift to this year’s appeal, click here.