July 6, 2022
HACU's 36th Annual Conference to feature workshops on championing academic success for Hispanic students, research and practice
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities 36th Annual Conference will feature more than 50 workshops that address the theme, "Championing Hispanic Higher Education Success: Rebuilding a More Resilient and Inclusive America" in six tracks. Workshops under track four will highlight exemplary programs and strategies that embrace and foster the educational success of Hispanic students and faculty. The conference will be held in person at the Manchester Grand Hyatt, San Diego, Oct. 8-10, 2022, along with its pre- and post-conference events.
The following are the workshop topics to be presented under Track Four - Championing Academic Success for Hispanic Students, Research and Practice:
- University Perspectives in Addressing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Entradas to Validating Experiences for HSRI Latinx Students
- Conexion - Making the Connection for Faculty Teaching First-Year Students
- Student-Centered Practices Supporting Binational Adults on the U.S.A.-Mexico Border
- Rethinking HSI identity for enhanced support and inclusivity
- Institutionalizing Culturally Responsive Teaching Practices for Faculty
- Social Mobility for Hispanic STEM Students: The UT System LSAMP
- Learning Communities Increase Academic Success for Hispanic Students
- Defining Efficient HSIs as Benchmarks for Increasing Hispanic STEM Degrees
- PASOS: Creating a Peer-Led Resource Center to Empower Hispanic Students
- Closing Equity Gaps and Raising Graduation Rates for Latinx Students
- Creating, Championing and Celebrating Partnerships for Latinx Success
- The ABC’s of Supporting Latinx Students in Education Abroad
- Centering Student Voices to Reframe Instructional Training and Development
- Institutional Change Through a First Gen Lens
- A Tale of Two Institutions: Framework-Informed Assessment of HSIs
- Scaffolding Opportunities for Inclusion and Resilience in Anatomy and Physiology
- Operationalizing the Servingness Framework: Metrics for Institutional Transformation at HSIs
For a description of workshops in all tracks, click here.
For a complete schedule of events, click here. Registration for HACU’s 36th Annual Conference is available online. Advertising, Exhibitor, and Sponsorship opportunities are available.