July 19, 2023
HACU's 37th Annual Conference to feature workshops on student engagement and success
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities has announced its 37th Annual Conference will feature more than 50 workshops that address the theme, "Diversifying our Workforce and Strengthening America" in seven tracks. The conference will be held in person at the Hilton Chicago, Oct. 28-30, 2023, along with its pre- and post-conference events.
The following are the workshop topics to be presented under Track Three - Student Engagement and Success:
- Art Used to Cope with Intersectional, LatinX and LGBTQIA+ Challenges Presented/Performed in Artistic Perspective
- Empowering High School Students to be College Ready
- Contextualized Strategies to Increase Enrollment, Retention, and Success
- Engagement and Retention of First-Generation Latino Students Through Academic and Financial Wellness Practices
- Serving Latinx Students: A Model for Academic Retention & Student Success
- Moving from Transactional to Relational Supporting Students’ Access to Graduation
- Latino Medical Student Association Faculty/Physician Advisory Council (LMSA FPAC)
- The Importance of Psychological Safety For Hispanic College Students
- Redefining the Pedagogy of Academic Advising for Latina/o/x Undergraduate Students
- Strengthening Campus Culture & Scaling Initiatives
- Blueprint for the Academic and Career Support of Undocumented Students
- Adelante! Co-creating a Map for Success for Hispanic Students
- Fostering Undergraduate Education, Retention, and Transfer Environments (FUERTE) - Year-1 Experiences
- Sembrando la Semillita Hacia el Colegio with Family Engagement
For a description of workshops in all tracks, click here.
For a complete schedule of events, click here. Registration for HACU’s 37th Annual Conference is available online. Advertising, Exhibitor, and Sponsorship opportunities are available.