The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), in partnership with Apple, is pleased to announce the launch of the Apple Scholars Program to exceptional students attending HACU-member institutions. Both organizations are dedicated to promoting the development of member colleges and universities; improving access to and the quality of post-secondary educational opportunities for Hispanic students; and meeting the needs of business , industry, and government through the development and sharing of resources, information and expertise.
Eligible students should be currently enrolled at a HACU member institution working towards a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or related major. Selected scholars will receive a $15,000 merit-based scholarship and participate in a one-week immersion program at Apple. Each scholar will be assigned an Apple mentor throughout their experience, to develop skills, enhance their resumes and help launch their careers through the hands-on experience gained at one of the top tech companies.
For more information about the Apple Scholars Program, please send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Be awarded a $15,000 merit-based scholarship to help defray the costs (i.e. tuition, mandatory school fees, room and board, books, and other supplies) of attendance.
• Participate in a one-week Apple/HACU Immersion experience in Cupertino, CA. Date to be determined. Immersion experience may be virtual if COVID-19 conditions persist.
• Participate in various leadership development activities to help prepare for post-graduation careers.
• Receive on-going coaching and guidance from an experienced Apple employee.
• Serve as Ambassadors on their HACU-member campus to build awareness for HACU student services and programs.
• Enrolled as full-time student attending a four-year college or university that is a HACU-member institution.
• Sophomore or Junior classification graduating between 2023-2024.
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States.
• **HACU staff are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Students must complete the application form in one session; therefore before starting the application form you are required to have the following four documents ready to go in electronic format (PDF, JPG, PNG, TIF, or MS Word):
• Inclusion and Diversity
• Supplier Responsibility
After each of these four documents is ready, you may complete the short application form.
Applicants must demonstrate a strong interest in future employment with Apple, and as part of being considered for the scholarship will have the opportunity to participate in a one-week immersion program at Apple.
The deadline to apply is Friday, December 3, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
If you have any questions, please contact Ebony King, HACU's Student Services Manager, at email@example.com.