Corporate HACU National Internship Program (CHNIP) | Apply Below!
The Corporate HACU National Internship Program (CHNIP) partners with leading corporations nationwide to assist in recruiting diverse talent from HACU member colleges and universities. While competitive at times, the process can be rewarding as many internships lead to full-time roles upon graduation. Learn more on how to secure an opportunity and apply below today!
Eligibility for a corporate internship:
- Currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program at the undergraduate or graduate level at a HACU member institution listed HERE. (Limited positions available for recent graduates. Must have completed first year of undergraduate studies.)
- Most positions require authorization or eligibility to work in the U.S. per clearance requirements.
Tips for a strong corporate resume:
- One (1) page maximum.
- Highlight leadership roles and involvement in student organizations and volunteer opportunities.
- Include all related experience, including roles and duties for jobs, internships, volunteer or related projects.
- Include GPA on resume.
- Highlight related courses under education section.
- Include languages and experience with software and/or computer applications/programs in skills section.
- Highlight professional conferences attended and/or any study abroad experiences.
Deadline to apply:
- N/A (Partners typically inform us year-round of opportunities that arise.)
Internship dates & location:
- Typically Summer 2023 (June - August) with some opportunities during the fall/spring terms.
- Nationwide. While in-person internships consist of the majority, there are some opportunities for a virtual/hybrid format.
HACU Intern support:
- Round-trip airfare to and from internship location is provided for non-local students (internships only) (non-virtual setting only)
- Assistance to locate and secure housing during the internship for non-local students (internships only) (non-virtual setting only)
- HACU Student Services Staff may conduct mock interviews and provide resume building tips as support.
- Student Services Staff act as mentors and provide guidance to succeed throughout the application and interview process, internship performance period, and after the internship is complete.
Benefits of CHNIP interns:
- Significantly boost your professional experience and networking opportunities.
- No application fee!
- Opportunities for professional development seminars throughout the year.
*Tip: Your resume submission plays a significant role in the potential opportunities that can arise. It is strongly encouraged to have your resume visit your institution's available resources such as Career Services or Writing Centers. Below are optional templates to help you get started:
For questions regarding HACU's corporate internship opportunities, please visit our FAQs webpage or contact us via email at CHNIP@HACU.NET